Thank you for your interest in the New York State Histotechnological Society. The primary mission of our organization is the representation and continuing education of histotechnologists, including the distribution of information on issues of concern to those practicing in the field. We are also actively involved in increasing the awareness of lay people and other health care professionals about our field and in promoting Histotechnology as a career option to students considering studies in the life sciences. While many of our members come from medical, industrial, veterinary or research fields. Membership is open to any person having an interest in this discipline or engaged in any aspect of the practice of Histotechnology. Membership in the Society and any of the corresponding rights or privileges shall not be denied any individual on the basis of sex, race, color, creed or national origin.
Benefits of Membership:
- Award winning quarterly newsletter “On-Stage”
- Discounted rates for attendances at annual symposia, which are held at various locations within the state to increase accessibility to all members
- Timely and relevant educational seminars
- Message Board to keep you up to date on activities and meetings
- Scholarships made available to students of histotechnology and professionals seeking further education or attendance at annual conferences
- Opportunity to network with other professionals who may be a valuable source of information and assistance with issues within the field of Histotechnology
- Representation with the National Society for Histotechnology, regulatory agencies and in Albany
- Opportunity to participate in the governance activities of the society
- Discounted rates available to students (must show proof of enrollment)
Membership in the NYSHS does not imply membership in the National Society for Histotechnology. Membership in the National Society for Histotechnology requires a separate application and fee. Please follow the link for more information.
Membership in the NYSHS and or NSH does automatically make you member of Region 1 and entitle you to participate in Region 1 sponsored events and symposia at a discounted rate. There is no fee to be a member of Region 1. Please see the chart below for the events which discounts apply:
|Membership:||NYSHS Events||Region 1 Events||NSH Events|