The National Society for Histotechnology was formed in 1973 by a group of dedicated histologists with the purpose of sharing scientific and technical knowledge to the histology community worldwide. These efforts were to help advance the discipline of Histotechnology and aid professionals in their career. Membership in NSH makes a statement about your professionalism and your dedication to the profession. NSH works to advance the profession and others will take notice of your contributions.
NSH believes lifelong education is the key to a satisfying career and continued professional advancement. As a member, you have access to the country’s largest convention dedicated solely to Histology. Throughout the year, NSH offers members and other practitioners in their labs smaller face to face trainings, online lecture style courses, teleconferences and a variety of test your knowledge exercises.
The Journal of Histotechnology, Advance News magazine, targeted committee publications and the NSH in Action newsletter are all included in your membership.
KEY BENEFITS FOR NSH MEMBERS
Cutting Edge Educational Opportunities
- Annual Symposium Convention with over 100 educational sessions covering required education from beginners to advanced.
- Annual Summer Symposium where you can earn up to 10 contact hours.
- One Day Forums on focused areas such as Hard Tissue, VIR & IHC
- Monthly 1 Hour Live Teleconferences.
- On-line, on-demand education in our Live Learning Center
Registration Discounts to all of the above events and discounts on text books.
A subscription to the Journal of Histotechnology, published by NSH, provides education and information about new techniques in histology. NEW in 2011 -online access for all members of NSH through our partnership with Maney Publishing!
Access to the NSH Member’s Only portion of the website which contains:
- Career Resources
- NSH Job Board
- Membership Directory
- Your Contact Hour Transcript (access year round at no charge)
- Complimentary resources provided to members :
- Competency assessments
- Quality Assurance
- Health & Safety material
- & more
- NSH Members are a family that love to help other members
- Through committees, presenters and leadership of NSH, someone is always there to help you with troubleshooting, advice on equipment and other career development ideas.
The NSH Membership Year runs from January to December. You may join at any time during the year. Dues are not pro-rated. Please visit the NSH membership page for an application and additional information.